Green island 1/2 day tour
When you board our vessel "That's Awesome" at the Marlina Marina Berth B1, after checking in, we outfit you with mask, fins, snorkel and full body Lycra suit. If the weather is a bit inclement we have spray jackets as well.
- We depart Cairns at 7.30am and travel time to Green Island is approx. 30 minutes.
- Upon arrival at Green Island, we tie up to the jetty and our Divemaster / Deckhand gets off with our guests to show them around and be available for any assistance during their time on Green island. That's Awesome moves over to her mooring, just in front of the main beach.
- Our crewmember will do a snorkel tour upon arrival, as this is the best time to view the Marine life that tends to move away, once the crowds arrive.
- After the snorkel tour we move across to the main beach, and guests are fine to snorkel, explore the island or just hang out.
- At 11.25 we all meet at the entrance to the Main Jetty and move down to the loading dock where That's Awesome moves from her mooring to the dock for loading.
- We arrive back into Cairns at 12.15pm.
- Other things to do on Green Island.
- Marineland Melenasia does a crocodile feed at 10.30am, and Awesome passengers get a discounted entry of $15 (Usually $19).
- A glass bottom boat tour is also available with another tour operator at $15.
What to bring.
- A warm jacket is recommended in the winter months.